How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Dodge Challenger insurance in San Diego? Trying to find low cost Dodge Challenger insurance in San Diego can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to compare coverage rates on Dodge Challenger insurance.
A study showed that most insurance buyers in California have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save roughly 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to find better prices using this strategy. The intent of this article is to introduce you to how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, California car owners must know how insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best companies for affordable Dodge Challenger insurance in California
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on San Diego auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Dodge Challenger auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Eight discounts for affordable insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their San Diego car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a San Diego car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Challenger insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, student driver, defensive driver, air bags, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, claim free, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, driver training, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Dodge Challenger rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies with discount rates in San Diego, click here.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in San Diego who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Different types of San Diego auto insurance agents
When researching local San Diego agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Agents in San Diego can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- John Tran – State Farm Insurance Agent
2820 Camino del Rio S Ste 310 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 291-1787 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
- Matt Kalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
4148 Voltaire St – San Diego, CA 92107 – (619) 223-1629 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are San Diego independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Challenger resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Challenger to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Challenger.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like surgery, nursing services and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, attorney fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Compare but don’t skimp
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Dodge Challenger insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Challenger insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in San Diego is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is less work than it seems.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)