Pricey Acura TSX insurance in San Diego can sap your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Getting a rate comparison is recommended to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly $859 a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to find the right auto insurance company.
Low cost San Diego Acura TSX insurance quotes
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|TSX Technology Package
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Acura TSX insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The tables below can help show the difference in cost between high and low policy deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
|TSX Technology Package
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|TSX Technology Package
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify prices significantly.
Based on this data, using a $250 deductible costs roughly $35 more each month or $420 every year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have more than 21 months between claims, you would probably save some money by selecting a higher deductible.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Acura TSX car insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Choosing the best TSX insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura TSX insurance, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TSX has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Acura and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Consumers in California can’t escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the point of big savings after switching your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, this type of driver might be between 25 and 40, has few claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and will also save a lot on San Diego Acura TSX insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who do not match the ideal profile will see a more expensive rate which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Acura TSX insurance in San Diego.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your overall bill.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting free San Diego auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Diego, click here.
You may need help from an agent
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in San Diego.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
The different types of auto insurance agents
When finding a local San Diego insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. San Diego agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in San Diego that may be able to give price quote information.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Discount Acura TSX insurance in San Diego can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, so you need to quote San Diego auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just covered many tips how you can save on Acura TSX insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)