Getting lower priced San Diego Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for people that are relatively new to shopping for insurance online. With so many insurance agents and companies, how are people able to efficiently compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Sad but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in San Diego could save as much as $469 every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
When looking for cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from many available car insurance companies in California. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes. When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps you find lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru B9 Tribeca with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects your Subaru B9 Tribeca and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Subaru gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in California overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance rates in San Diego.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose companies with significant discounts in San Diego, click this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is especially important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in San Diego who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in San Diego who can help you get free insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David James
8333 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 110 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 278-4880 – View Map
- State Farm: Wendy Phillips
3838 Camino Del Rio N #103 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 563-0380 – View Map
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with in San Diego?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance premium rates in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Diego car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found at the links below
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)