Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Lincoln LS in California can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Lincoln and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Diego agents.
Getting a cheap price on insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes to get quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost San Diego car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheap San Diego car insurance rates with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego car insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premium.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in San Diego.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your LS definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in San Diego.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to use a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Fred Shadlow – State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 464-4261 – View Map
- Theresa Nguyen-Muth – State Farm Insurance Agent
6650 Flanders Dr F – San Diego, CA 92121 – (858) 450-6000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in San Diego, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Which family members are covered?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long has their agency been open in San Diego?