Are you tired of trying to find the cheapest Lexus RC 300 insurance in San Diego? Locating the most affordable San Diego Lexus RC 300 insurance quotes online can appear to be difficult for consumers not familiar with online price comparisons. With dozens of online companies available, how are consumers able to possibly compare them all to find the lowest price?
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers in California kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers could save almost $850 each year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Our goal in writing this article let you in on how insurance works and some tips to save money. But California consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
How Insurance Companies Determine Lexus RC 300 Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupations such as doctors, police officers, and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like professors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in California give lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some insurers allow better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide San Diego RC 300 insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus RC 300, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Lexus RC 300 insurance rates in San Diego
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on RC 300 insurance in San Diego.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current RC 300 insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for annual mileage, safe driver, defensive driver, driver training, loyalty savings, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Esurance has discounts for safety device, paid-in-full, online quote, Switch & Save, defensive driver, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, business and professional, and distant student.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in San Diego. If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Diego, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local San Diego car insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Diego who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Diego that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
- Lisa Keith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b – San Diego, CA 92106 – (619) 694-4788 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, denial of a claim or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in San Diego is available both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Additional information is located below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)