Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Kia Soul EV in California can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Kia and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and San Diego agents.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. Comparing rates for the lowest cost insurance policy in San Diego is simple if you know the tricks. Shoppers just need to use the quickest way to compare insurance rates on the web.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost prices in California
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance policy discounts for Kia Soul EV insurance in San Diego
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Diego, click here to view.
When do I need to contact an insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in San Diego.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quote information.
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
- Kristin Francy – State Farm Insurance Agent
9888 Carmel Mountain Rd Ste A – San Diego, CA 92129 – (858) 484-4141 – View Map
- Deryk Inn – State Farm Insurance Agent
3633 Camino del Rio S #100 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 362-4820 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Soul EV resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Soul EV in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like nursing services, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Kia Soul EV insurance premium rates online in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Kia Soul EV insurance in San Diego is possible both online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Malibu in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)