Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego drivers have many options when trying to find low-cost Ford Freestar insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the best price possible.
Unfortunately, most insurance buyers in California kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in America could save nearly $859 every year, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices before your policy renews because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Ford Freestar insurance in San Diego two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Our goal is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to compare company rates instantly.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in San Diego
Car insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Freestar insurance in San Diego.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Freestar insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get San Diego auto insurance quotes online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in San Diego.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in San Diego who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use a local San Diego insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are San Diego exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: David James
8333 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 110 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 278-4880 – View Map
- David Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 217 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 560-5400 – View Map
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agencies in San Diego willing to provide comparison quotes.
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
San Diego Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Your address can modify price – Being located in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford Freestar has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Having a spouse can save on car insurance – Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Diego, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Ford Freestar but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote more and you will save more
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Ford Freestar insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Cheap Ford Freestar insurance in San Diego is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop San Diego auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in San Diego, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)