Online price comparisons for cheaper SS insurance can seem difficult if you are someone who has never done online price comparisons. Don’t be confused because it’s actually quite easy to find affordable Chevy SS in San Diego.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in San Diego could save 35% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
These techniques will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But California drivers need to learn how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Gender and car insurance costs – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in less populated areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – The liability section of your policy kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Higher prices for demanding occupations – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military personnel, social workers and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like farmers, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
- More performance means more cost – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Chevrolet SS falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in San Diego. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Chevy SS insurance loss data – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet SS Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many insurance companies in California. One of the best ways to compare Chevy SS insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Choosing the best Chevy SS insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy SS in San Diego, car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy SS, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in San Diego
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- San Diego Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in San Diego.
Buying car insurance from San Diego car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in San Diego.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to find a local San Diego insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in San Diego are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Diego that can give you competitive price quotes.
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Chevy SS insurance in San Diego is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free San Diego car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)