Think you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are many San Diego drivers thinking the same thing.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many consumers in California can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the lowest cost out there.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates yearly because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Chevy Avalanche insurance in San Diego a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Low-cost companies for Chevy Avalanche insurance in California
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$332||$592||$624||$36||$186||$1,770||$148|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$234||$490||$668||$40||$200||$1,632||$136|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$390||$744||$568||$34||$170||$1,906||$159|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$370||$792||$624||$36||$186||$2,008||$167|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$300||$536||$580||$34||$174||$1,624||$135|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$412||$834||$624||$36||$186||$2,092||$174|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
Chevrolet Avalanche insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between Chevrolet Avalanche annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Slash rates with these premium slashing discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current Avalanche insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few companies that may include most of the discounts above possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see companies who offer cheap Chevy Avalanche insurance quotes in San Diego, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in San Diego may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below are San Diego independent agents that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
The best rates come from being thorough
Affordable Chevy Avalanche insurance in San Diego can be purchased on the web in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)