No normal person fancies paying their premiums for insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Unfortunately, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American drivers could save themselves up to 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates for Audi A4 insurance in San Diego.
It’s smart to price shop coverage once or twice a year since insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on Audi A4 insurance in San Diego on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Companies offering affordable Audi A4 prices in San Diego, CA
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$430||$932||$442||$26||$132||$1,962||$164|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$792||$500||$30||$150||$1,842||$154|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,282||$190|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$228||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,810||$151|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,052||$171|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$458||$1052||$574||$34||$172||$2,290||$191|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$412||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,074||$173|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$452||$456||$26||$136||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$482||$464||$28||$138||$1,340||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific San Diego location which can alter prices substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can affect Audi A4 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Save a ton on Audi A4 insurance in San Diego with these discounts
Some providers do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Buy New and Save – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in San Diego can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current A4 insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts should help reduce the cost of your policy.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, federal employee, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
Check with all the companies how you can save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in San Diego, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in San Diego
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Audi A4 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in a small town can save you money when buying insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Double check that your policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated A4 may be costing you higher rates.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy – Liability insurance is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- No policy lapses lowers prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Certain occupations pay higher prices – Jobs such as doctors, police officers, and dentists are shown to have the highest rates because of intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Audi A4 insurance claim data – Companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
Audi A4 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rates from local San Diego car insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in San Diego.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. San Diego agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the selection process.
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent insurance agents in San Diego that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Upon getting good answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Persistence will pay off
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Audi A4 insurance rates online in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Much more information about car insurance in California is available at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)