I can’t think of a single person who anticipates paying for car insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. San Diego drivers could pocket up to $470 a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually bombard you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Companies offering low-cost Hyundai Tiburon prices in San Diego, CA
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a civic or occupational organization in San Diego is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies offering insurance discounts in San Diego, click here.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
- How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Tiburon may be wasting your money. Make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Only buy what you need – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Obey driving laws and save – Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single ticket can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with serious violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Excellent credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Tiburon if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
What if I want to buy from local San Diego auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in San Diego.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
San Diego car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Diego are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are San Diego exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Diego is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)