No sane person looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in California could save an average of about $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Diego utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as whether you drive to work or school, whether you have decent credit, which vehicles you own, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating information is then submitted to multiple car insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To get price quotes for your Honda Accord Hybrid now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Diego
Auto insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Renewal Discounts - A few companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student in College - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Diego and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Honda may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in San Diego, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in San Diego.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a good San Diego insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents can either be exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it's good to learn how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below are San Diego independent insurance agents who may provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Why you need insurance for your Honda vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Accord Hybrid in San Diego, paying for insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Accord Hybrid, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in California is overpaying over $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance - Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, falling objects and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision - This will pay to fix damage to your Accord Hybrid from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Accord Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - This coverage provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda Accord Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Honda Accord Hybrid insurance premium rates in San Diego. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)