Searching for low-cost insurance for a Ford Shelby GT350 in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Ford and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and San Diego agents.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. Comparing quotes for affordable coverage in San Diego is not as hard as you may think. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Cheap Ford insurance price quotes in San Diego
The following companies can provide price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Premium Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Performance affects premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Since the Ford Shelby GT350 is classified as a sport coupe, rates will be much more compared to average rates in San Diego. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Ford Shelby GT350 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Deter theft and pay less – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Bad drivers pay high prices – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Avoid auto insurance lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- E-sign – Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your policy cost.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, air bags, driver training, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century has savings for good student, air bags, homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When getting free San Diego car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in San Diego. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Diego, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Diego who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. San Diego agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego who may provide you with price quotes.
- Kevin Kane – State Farm Insurance Agent
3914 Murphy Canyon Rd a252 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 514-0385 – View Map
- Albert Quiroga – State Farm Insurance Agent
8240 Mira Mesa Blvd G – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 695-8000 – View Map
- Fred Shadlow – State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 464-4261 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always contact a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with any specific company with no way out.
You can find cheaper coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in San Diego can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is available below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)