Price shopping your Ford Ranger insurance in San Diego can seem to be difficult for beginners to online rate comparisons. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find the lowest price on Ford Ranger insurance.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in America could save an average of $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates on Ford Ranger insurance in San Diego on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about Ranger insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to put money back in your pocket.
Save money on Ford Ranger insurance in San Diego with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better auto insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
For a list of insurance companies with the best Ford Ranger insurance discounts in San Diego in San Diego, click here.
To get low cost San Diego car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$230||$434||$456||$26||$136||$1,282||$107|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$188||$324||$424||$26||$126||$1,088||$91|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$256||$488||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$176||$336||$574||$34||$172||$1,292||$108|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$144||$308||$424||$26||$126||$1,028||$86|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$158||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,192||$99|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$236||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$158||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,192||$99|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$158||$372||$500||$30||$150||$1,210||$101|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$220||$426||$456||$26||$136||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in San Diego which can impact prices substantially.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Ranger Insurance Prices
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your premiums.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Impacts performance impacts costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates tend to be for small economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Ford Ranger is considered a pickup truck, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in San Diego.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Always keep your insurance policy in force – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood San Diego car insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How many years have they been established?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in San Diego that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Ford Ranger insurance in San Diego.
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- Deryk Inn – State Farm Insurance Agent
3633 Camino del Rio S #100 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 362-4820 – View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in San Diego, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your Ford Ranger insurance rates in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about insurance in California is available at the links below
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)