Are you burned out from being strong-armed to pay your auto insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in California.
Regrettably, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could save about $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to choose the most affordable insurance company.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in California
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These six discounts can reduce Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Fusion Energi is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow companies to look at their driving habits remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance has savings for defensive driver, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, multi-policy, and online quote.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, and federal employee.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
If you need low cost San Diego car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in San Diego. To view car insurance companies with the best Ford Fusion Energi insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in San Diego that can provide free San Diego car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in San Diego are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are San Diego independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as inexpensive Ford Fusion Energi insurance in San Diego quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you’re stuck with the insurance policy indefinitely.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Fusion Energi from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Fusion Energi in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Fusion Energi.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, doctor visits, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Get the best coverage at the best price
Lower-priced Ford Fusion Energi insurance in San Diego is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Ford Fusion Energi insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Diego car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)