Do you want an efficient way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for your Ford and find the best price possible.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons as often as possible because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rate on Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Diego six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes direct online. Obtaining pricing for Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Diego is fairly simple as you just type in your required coverages into the form. When complete, their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and generates a price determined by many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest price on insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Diego
Some providers don’t list every available discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Five Hundred is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote San Diego car insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in San Diego.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurance companies will give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – Beginning drivers in California are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Better drivers pay the best rates – Even one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Five Hundred scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – The deductibles define how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Local San Diego insurance agencies and car insurance
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego that provide free San Diego car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below are San Diego car insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Diego.
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harries Insurance Agency
4669 Murphy Canyon Rd Ste 101 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 569-1120 – View Map
- Bob Beron – State Farm Insurance Agent
3232 Governor Dr c – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-7250 – View Map
- Fred Shadlow – State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 464-4261 – View Map
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my Ford Five Hundred qualify for pleasure use?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in San Diego is possible both online and with local San Diego insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting San Diego car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)