Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Dodge Stratus in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and obtain the best price possible either online or from San Diego insurance agents.
Consumers need to shop coverage around as often as possible since rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Dodge Stratus insurance in San Diego a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in San Diego.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Shopping for the most affordable car insurance coverage in San Diego is not as difficult as people think. Smart buyers just have to know the quickest method to compare price quotes online.
All major car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices on their websites. Comparing Dodge Stratus insurance rates online is quite easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Dodge Stratus insurance in San Diego makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step in order to get the best possible rates on car insurance.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will get rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable San Diego insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in San Diego can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance too.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies who may offer these money-saving discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in San Diego, click here to view.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Stratus insurance, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local San Diego insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Diego?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. San Diego agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Duane Werner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6663 El Cajon Blvd j – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 668-5414 – View Map
- State Farm: Tom Latsko
8680 Navajo Rd #214 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 462-5701 – View Map
- State Farm: Wendy Phillips
3838 Camino Del Rio N #103 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 563-0380 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agents in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map