Nobody likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. California consumers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company to discover the definitive best rates possible on Dodge Ram insurance in San Diego.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to buy cheaper car insurance without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in San Diego is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to compare price quotes online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in San Diego is to realize most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them some information like your occupation, your education level, your general credit rating, and the year, make and model of vehicles. That information is then sent to multiple insurance providers and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance rates, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$164||$252||$480||$28||$144||$1,068||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$230||$354||$510||$30||$152||$1,276||$106|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$416||$672||$510||$30||$152||$1,780||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$370||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,844||$154|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$286||$426||$514||$30||$154||$1,410||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$300||$524||$650||$38||$194||$1,706||$142|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$412||$792||$524||$32||$156||$1,916||$160|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$436||$744||$514||$30||$154||$1,878||$157|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$254||$482||$650||$38||$194||$1,618||$135|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$478||$810||$500||$30||$150||$1,968||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$206||$362||$480||$28||$144||$1,220||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$206||$418||$480||$28||$144||$1,276||$106|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$242||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,392||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify price quotes substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Ram premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims drive up Dodge Ram insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will lower your policy premium.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply in your state. To choose providers with discount rates in California, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from local San Diego insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in San Diego may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are San Diego independent insurance agencies that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
Bill Flanigan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8888 Clairemont Mesa Blvd n – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 279-2173 – View Map
Farmers Insurance – Aaron Farmer
7960 Silverton Ave #202 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 689-0466 – View Map
Bob Beron – State Farm Insurance Agent
3232 Governor Dr c – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-7250 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been open in San Diego?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Diego?
After you get good answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
The Dodge Ram Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Companies want multiple policies – Many insurers give better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Liability protection is critical – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Where you live – Having an address in a small town is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper prices – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Your age impacts your costs – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Higher coverage deductibles cost less – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Careless driving means higher premiums – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though San Diego Ram insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ram, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Ram and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
The cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in San Diego can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)