Do you think you bought overpriced Volvo S60 insurance in San Diego? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because car insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in San Diego a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to buy cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in San Diego.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance rates in San Diego
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Diego car insurance quote.
- Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in San Diego may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Diego, click this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in San Diego.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Diego who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Diego?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Quote Volvo S60 Insurance Cheaper
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the factors that factor into your premiums.
What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Volvo S60 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
You may save more by consolidating policies – Some insurance companies give discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other San Diego S60 insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hail damage, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Volvo S60 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Bad drivers pay high premiums – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Volvo S60 insurance loss statistics – Insurers use data from past claims to help determine costs. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S60 Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in San Diego, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo S60 has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Volvo S60 and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
In the end, you can save money
We covered a lot of ways to find affordable Volvo S60 insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)