Searching for low-cost San Diego Volvo C70 insurance quotes is intimidating for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With so many online companies available, how are we expected to even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. The average driver in San Diego could save almost $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
Cheap companies for Volvo C70 insurance in California
The companies in the list below offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$304||$536||$298||$18||$90||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Volvo C70 auto insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below shows the difference between Volvo C70 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Volvo C70 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo C70 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volvo C70 insurance in San Diego
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the premium cost.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, driver training, good student, and student driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and good student.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, safety features, new move discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Diego.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Diego are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are San Diego independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
- Steve Elder – State Farm Insurance Agent
9225 Mira Mesa Blvd #208d – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 271-8928 – View Map
- Kevin Kane – State Farm Insurance Agent
3914 Murphy Canyon Rd a252 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 514-0385 – View Map
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What are good deductibles for a Volvo C70?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your C70 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your C70 to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Volvo C70.
Due to the fact that many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, doctor visits, surgery, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Affordable Volvo C70 insurance in San Diego can be bought online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Volvo C70 insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Diego auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in San Diego? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)