Frustrated by the sheer number of auto insurance choices available to you? Many other drivers are too. California vehicle owners have so many options that it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think San Diego is an awesome place to live, but high auto insurance prices can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers in California kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save an average of approximately $859 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Consumers need to price shop coverage occasionally because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rate on Saturn Ion insurance in San Diego a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Diego is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. In essence, anyone who wants cheaper car insurance will more than likely find a cheaper policy. But California drivers must know the way insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
San Diego insurance discounts for a Saturn Ion
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Saturn could earn substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Diego car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Diego car insurance quote.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose auto insurance companies with discount rates in California, click here.
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from local San Diego auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Saturn Ion rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide San Diego Ion insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Saturn Ion?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Compare rates but work with a local San Diego insurance agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in San Diego should know the answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Diego?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
- Albert Quiroga – State Farm Insurance Agent
8240 Mira Mesa Blvd G – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 695-8000 – View Map
- Theresa Nguyen-Muth – State Farm Insurance Agent
6650 Flanders Dr F – San Diego, CA 92121 – (858) 450-6000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: PGC Insurance Agency
6919 Paradise Valley Rd, # A9 – San Diego, CA 92139 – (619) 773-2300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are San Diego independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable rates
As you quote San Diego car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many ways to lower your Saturn Ion insurance car insurance rates in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance in San Diego can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop San Diego car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)