How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced Nissan 370Z insurance in San Diego? Finding cheap premium rates for Nissan 370Z insurance in San Diego can be nearly impossible for beginners to comparison shopping online. With such a large number of agents and companies in the marketplace, it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find cheaper Nissan 370Z insurance rates.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers in California have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in the United States could cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
You need to price shop coverage as often as possible because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Nissan 370Z insurance in San Diego last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is a lot of wrong information about 370Z insurance on the internet, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance bill.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
Nissan 370Z insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Discount San Diego auto insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a San Diego auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Diego auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego auto insurance quote compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, good driver, and air bags.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- 21st Century has savings for good student, air bags, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
If you are trying to find low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state. To locate auto insurance companies who offer free Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in San Diego, click here.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in San Diego, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan 370Z. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in San Diego.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a good San Diego insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in San Diego that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
- John Tran – State Farm Insurance Agent
2820 Camino del Rio S Ste 310 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 291-1787 – View Map
- Mike Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2254 Moore St #103 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 295-8412 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Diego?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Once you have received positive responses as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for ambulance fees, chiropractic care, pain medications and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your 370Z resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your 370Z to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.