Searching for low-cost insurance for a Jeep Compass in California can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Jeep and get the lowest price.
Inconceivable but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in San Diego could save roughly $500 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$318||$638||$574||$34||$172||$1,736||$145|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$292||$570||$416||$24||$124||$1,426||$119|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$310||$530||$456||$26||$136||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence premiums considerably.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Jeep Compass insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Compass premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in San Diego?
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Compass claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper rates on Jeep Compass insurance in San Diego with these auto insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in San Diego. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Choosing Jeep Compass insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep Compass, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
When do I need to contact an insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Diego who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Diego?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Auto insurance agents in San Diego come in two varieties
When searching for local San Diego agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in San Diego can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
These agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in San Diego willing to provide rate quotes.
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map
If you receive positive responses to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you want so don’t think you are locked into a specific company with no way to switch.