I can’t think of anyone who loves paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the prices are way too high.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. California drivers could save an average of approximately $470 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Since people have many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Jaguar XK in San Diego, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest cost auto insurance company.
Do you qualify for discounts on Jaguar XK insurance in San Diego?
Some providers do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used XK can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote San Diego car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current XK insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get San Diego car insurance quotes online.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has savings for driver training, good student, new car, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
When getting free San Diego car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in San Diego. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in California, follow this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to take a couple of minutes comparing free San Diego car insurance quotes from online providers.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Jaguar XK insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the trained advice that only an agent can give. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$396||$748||$492||$30||$148||$1,814||$151|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$734||$424||$26||$128||$1,610||$134|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$520||$1120||$500||$30||$150||$2,320||$193|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$448||$808||$456||$26||$136||$1,874||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Jaguar XK yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Jaguar XK insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is my Jaguar XK covered for smoke damage?
- Should I rate my Jaguar XK as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to use local San Diego agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
Once you have good responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Jaguar XK.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage pays for damage to your XK resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your XK in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, prosthetic devices, dental work and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, medical services, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Jaguar XK insurance in San Diego is possible on the web and with local San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in San Diego, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)