Want to know how to find more competitive Ford GT insurance in San Diego? Locating cheaper San Diego Ford GT insurance quotes can appear to be somewhat intimidating for consumers that are relatively new to shopping for insurance on the web. With dozens of online companies available, how can San Diego drivers have time to compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could save 35% every year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest premium rates on Ford GT insurance in San Diego a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Finding quotes for the best coverage in San Diego is not as time-consuming as you think. But California consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Affordable Ford GT insurance rates in San Diego
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some car insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Travelers offers discounts for payment discounts, new car, IntelliDrive, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, mature driver, bundle discounts, and teen driver.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, claim free, online shopper, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good driver, student away at school, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for ease of repair, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, professional/association, multi-policy, and location of vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford GT insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in San Diego. If you would like to view car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click this link.
Many insurance companies give prices for coverage from their websites. Getting Ford GT insurance prices online is pretty painless as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. When complete, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote.
Getting online price quotes for Ford GT insurance in San Diego makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the best rate on auto insurance.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Four factors that impact insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Liability protection limits should be high – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your GT may be costing you. Ask your agent if your policy states how each vehicle is driven.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California award discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Multiple policies with one company – Many insurers provide discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Ford GT rates in San Diego to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in San Diego.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. San Diego agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: James Calafata
4325 Cass St – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 483-7171 – View Map
- Theresa Nguyen-Muth – State Farm Insurance Agent
6650 Flanders Dr F – San Diego, CA 92121 – (858) 450-6000 – View Map
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GT, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your Ford GT and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart shoppers get results
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Ford GT insurance car insurance rates online in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)