Would you like an easy way to compare more competitive Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in San Diego? Did you make the mistake of buying an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in California could pocket roughly $470 a year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. With so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Diego, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest auto insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates as often as possible because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in San Diego a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Where can I get the cheapest San Diego Dodge Grand Caravan insurance?
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$326||$554||$464||$28||$138||$1,510||$126|
|Grand Caravan SE||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$266||$490||$424||$26||$126||$1,332||$111|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$228||$408||$574||$34||$172||$1,416||$118|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in San Diego location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims increase Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper rates by earning discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote San Diego auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Grand Caravan insurance in San Diego.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, defensive driving training, accident-free, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, federal employee, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, drive less, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for good student, multi-car, newly married, new graduate, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Diego who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Diego?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Diego?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in San Diego for you
If you are wanting to find a good San Diego insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in San Diego can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
Steve Elder – State Farm Insurance Agent
9225 Mira Mesa Blvd #208d – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 271-8928 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Below are San Diego independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Listed below are some of the things used by your company to calculate premiums.
Save annual miles and save money – The more you drive your Dodge in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Grand Caravan may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Use one insurance company and save – Many companies provide lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare Dodge Grand Caravan rates in San Diego to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Lower prices with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
High credit scores equal low prices – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Grand Caravan by taking the time to improve your credit score.
File a insurance claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California provide better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Married drivers pay less – Being married helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Is your vehicle built for speed? – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Dodge Grand Caravan is classified as a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in San Diego. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Dodge Grand Caravan claim statistics – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Grand Caravan||79||104||81||108||108||107|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Diego, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Grand Caravan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote often and quote early
Affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in San Diego can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)