Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as most other consumers in California.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in California could save almost $500 each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Chevy Aveo insurance in San Diego.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons as often as possible because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Chevy Aveo insurance in San Diego six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the right way to find lower rates on insurance.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don't list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for signing up early. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 get San Diego auto insurance over the internet.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click here.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to find cheaper Chevy Aveo rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to drive around to and from local San Diego insurance agencies. Comparing Chevy Aveo insurance rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional abilities of a local agency. You can, however, compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$162||$354||$416||$24||$124||$1,080||$90|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$422||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,228||$186|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$476||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,282||$190|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on San Diego insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can increase Chevrolet Aveo insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in San Diego.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in San Diego that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Auto insurance agents in San Diego come in two varieties
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in San Diego are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 - San Diego, CA 92108 - (916) 742-6995 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
After you get good responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can terminate your policy at any time so don't feel that you're stuck with any specific agency for the full term.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced insurance in San Diego is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to find lower-cost Chevy Aveo insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)