How many years has it been since you compared cheaper car insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Cadillac and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Diego agents.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons periodically since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in San Diego six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the best methods to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Cadillac Escalade ESV Insurance Rate Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Poor driving habits leads to higher premiums - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations like reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Cheaper rates with high deductibles - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Cadillac. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Your spouse saves you money - Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Safer cars means better premiums - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Younger driver insurance costs - Young drivers in California are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Bundle policies and save - Most auto insurance companies will give a discount for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. It's possible to still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Annual mileage impacts costs - The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Escalade ESV is throwing money out the window.
- Cadillac Escalade ESV historical loss data - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac Escalade ESV Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade ESV 2WD||$246||$408||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|Escalade ESV 4WD||$506||$898||$534||$32||$160||$2,130||$178|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 2WD||$354||$604||$596||$36||$178||$1,768||$147|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 2WD||$496||$912||$500||$30||$150||$2,088||$174|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 4WD||$496||$912||$464||$28||$138||$2,038||$170|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 4WD||$384||$684||$596||$36||$178||$1,878||$157|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 2WD||$606||$1032||$450||$26||$134||$2,248||$187|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4WD||$298||$572||$500||$30||$150||$1,550||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates by gender in San Diego
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac Escalade ESV, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates in San Diego
Insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, multi-car, distant student, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, safety device, good student, Switch & Save, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, good student, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may have discounts that include EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, good student, senior citizen, auto/life discount, resident student, and premier discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available in San Diego.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is submitted to companies in San Diego who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
If you're trying to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
- David Hiser - State Farm Insurance Agent
910 Grand Ave #205 - San Diego, CA 92109 - (858) 272-2343 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 - San Diego, CA 92110 - (619) 223-2191 - View Map
- Mike Morrell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2207 Garnet Ave a - San Diego, CA 92109 - (858) 273-3001 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following are San Diego independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- B H Gold Insurance
9699 Tierra Grande St # 100 - San Diego, CA 92126 - (800) 421-4653 - View Map
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C - San Diego, CA 92111 - (858) 569-0383 - View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr - San Diego, CA 92131 - (858) 527-3600 - View Map
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What if I total my Cadillac Escalade ESV and owe more than it's worth?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You can find cheaper coverage
Cheap Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in San Diego can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in San Diego, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance prices online in San Diego. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)