Want a free price quotes on more competitive Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Diego? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Chrysler PT Cruiser in California can be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a Chrysler and get the lowest price.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest car insurance in San Diego is not that difficult. Drivers just have to use the most effective way to buy car insurance from many different companies.
How to get San Diego Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rate quotes
The companies shown below provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$330||$582||$508||$30||$152||$1,602||$134|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$298||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can influence Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers can’t escape the ads that claim the best car insurance rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your insurance coverage to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of risk profile could be a married male, has had continuous coverage, and insures a new vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in San Diego and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
People who may not quite match those standards may be forced to pay a higher rate which translates to the customer not purchasing. The ads state “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates. This really drives home the point why you should compare as many free San Diego car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to guess which insurance company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your PT Cruiser, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Chrysler PT Cruiser and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on San Diego auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Diego and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current PT Cruiser insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get San Diego car insurance quotes online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for early shopping, distant student, teen driver, homeowner, multi-car, and mature driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, seat belt use, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts including DriveSense, multi-policy, anti-theft, online quote, emergency road assistance, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple autos.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in San Diego. For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in San Diego that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you want a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. San Diego agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
- Rod Thelen – State Farm Insurance Agent
110 W A St #775 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 234-4882 – View Map
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What policy terms are available?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is my Chrysler PT Cruiser covered for smoke damage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverage options for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your PT Cruiser to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, pain medications, dental work and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Low-cost Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Diego can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is located on the following sites: