Chevy Trax insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
I doubt anyone likes paying for car insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in San Diego could save themselves about $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates at least once a year because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest price on Chevy Trax insurance in San Diego at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to learn the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Ways to get Chevy Trax insurance quotes in San Diego, California
All major car insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Trax insurance in San Diego can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Quoting online for Chevy Trax insurance in San Diego makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to perform this step if you want to find cheaper prices.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will get rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Diego, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Trax with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Trax but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Trax are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap San Diego Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Cheaper rates using alarms and GPS tracking - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Older drivers pay less - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Drivers with little experience are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Trax can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy states the correct usage.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Bundle policies with the same company - Most major companies allow lower prices to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other San Diego Trax insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than average due to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Chevy Trax insurance claim data - Insurance companies use data from past claims as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the loss history for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Trax Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some companies don't always advertise all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To find insurers with discount auto insurance rates in San Diego, follow this link.
Local San Diego car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Diego who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in San Diego, get answers to these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Chevy Trax insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Chevy Trax insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free San Diego car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)