Want to learn how to find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego? Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together each month for insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers.
A study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,390, California drivers could save themselves roughly 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. Drivers have many insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego.
It’s a good habit to compare prices occasionally because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Silverado insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to reduce your insurance bill.
How to compare Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in San Diego, CA
All the larger insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get pricing from their websites. Comparing Chevy Silverado insurance rates online is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get lower-cost prices.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,260||$105|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$186||$316||$416||$24||$124||$1,066||$89|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$316||$464||$654||$38||$196||$1,668||$139|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$346||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,596||$133|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$378||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,896||$158|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$292||$570||$470||$28||$140||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$366||$776||$650||$38||$194||$2,024||$169|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,928||$161|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$348||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,936||$161|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$416||$792||$510||$30||$152||$1,900||$158|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$428||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,072||$173|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,572||$131|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$440||$780||$578||$34||$174||$2,006||$167|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$268||$522||$416||$24||$124||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact premiums noticeably.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below compares Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado insurance premiums for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Affordable Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Diego and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of insurers with discount rates in California, click here.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in San Diego is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local San Diego insurance agencies?
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice. Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in San Diego.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in San Diego may be either exclusive or independent. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who may provide free price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Diego?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?