How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper Chevy City Express insurance in San Diego? Paying for high-priced Chevrolet City Express insurance in San Diego can bleed your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison can help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in San Diego could save an average of nearly 35% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
You need to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Chevy City Express insurance in San Diego on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in San Diego is quite easy. In essence, everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance will most likely find better rates. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how companies determine what you pay.
Just remember that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$270||$434||$456||$26||$136||$1,322||$110|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$378||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,850||$154|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$366||$776||$574||$34||$172||$1,922||$160|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$434||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,906||$159|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$346||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,596||$133|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$346||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,596||$133|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$272||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,626||$136|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$262||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$238||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,404||$117|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$266||$576||$424||$26||$126||$1,418||$118|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$330||$672||$416||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$412||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,106||$176|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$390||$744||$456||$26||$136||$1,752||$146|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$300||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,698||$142|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$490||$810||$578||$34||$174||$2,086||$174|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet City Express insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevrolet City Express replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy City Express insurance, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your City Express, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your City Express outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
San Diego Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Cheaper prices using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
High coverage deductibles lower premiums – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Getting married can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Cheaper premiums for being claim-free – Car insurance companies in California give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your City Express is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage states the correct usage.
Teenage drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy City Express insurance in San Diego?
Companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy premium.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Nationwide discounts include defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and family plan.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for student driver, early bird, good student, air bags, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate car insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy City Express insurance quotes in California, click here.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in San Diego should be willing to answer these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
The following are agents in San Diego that may be able to provide rate quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in San Diego.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. Just remember it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the full policy term.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Chevy City Express insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links: