Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can take a big chunk out of your funds and force you to tighten up your finances. Getting a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in San Diego could pocket approximately 35% a year, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
Many insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the lowest rate on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in San Diego.
To find cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to go to and from local insurance agencies. Comparing Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps you find lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give San Diego Bolt EV insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Bolt EV insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Bolt EV insurance in San Diego.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote San Diego auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Buy New and Save – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 shop San Diego auto insurance over the internet.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here.
Neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in San Diego.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Diego that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower rates. Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
Drive less and save – The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet states the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated Bolt EV may be costing you higher rates.
Avoid coverage lapses – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Higher premiums for specific employers – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and miners have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
What are your deductibles? – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Why you need Chevy Bolt EV insurance in California
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Diego, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in San Diego is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Shop smart and save
When getting San Diego auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)