Finding cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes online might sound like a lofty goal if you haven’t ever compared insurance using online insurance quotes. But relax because finding affordable coverage for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Diego is easier than you think.
A recent insurance study revealed that most drivers in California kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket $859 a year, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Affordable rates by earning discounts
Some companies do not list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data collection to study vehicle usage remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Mercedes-Benz could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in San Diego. If you would like to view companies who offer free Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes in San Diego, click this link.
Quote San Diego Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance online
Many insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes online. This process can be done by anyone because you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Diego makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a lower rate.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How are they compensated?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
What types of car insurance agents are in San Diego?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: PGC Insurance Agency
6919 Paradise Valley Rd, # A9 – San Diego, CA 92139 – (619) 773-2300 – View Map
- Bob Beron – State Farm Insurance Agent
3232 Governor Dr c – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-7250 – View Map
- State Farm: Wendy Phillips
3838 Camino Del Rio N #103 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 563-0380 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below are San Diego independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
You just learned many tips how you can compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Diego can be bought online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)