Finding low cost Kia Borrego insurance in San Diego can be quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find more affordable coverage rates on Kia Borrego insurance.
Sadly, most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in San Diego can cut their rates by up to 35% a year, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes occasionally since prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Borrego insurance in San Diego at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding and comparing the lowest-priced car insurance policy in San Diego can be fairly easy. But California vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Compare San Diego Kia Borrego insurance rate quotes
When looking for affordable San Diego car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from many available car insurance companies in California. The best way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get affordable rates on Kia Borrego insurance in San Diego with these insurance discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Diego car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, teen driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and air bags.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in California, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from San Diego auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Diego who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long has the business existed?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
- Bill Flanigan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8888 Clairemont Mesa Blvd n – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 279-2173 – View Map
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Gender and car insurance rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Cheaper prices with safer cars – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Discounts for married drivers – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance policy lapses increase insurance rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Insuring your Kia Borrego just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Diego, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Borrego, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Borrego definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Diego car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)