Having to pay for overpriced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in San Diego can sap your monthly budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most consumers in California kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. The average driver in America can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with advertising and it can be hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Diego is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But California consumers must learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$420||$930||$604||$36||$180||$2,170||$181|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$378||$898||$604||$36||$180||$2,096||$175|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$378||$898||$604||$36||$180||$2,096||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$378||$898||$604||$36||$180||$2,096||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$186||$418||$480||$28||$144||$1,256||$105|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$372||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,816||$151|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$336||$712||$650||$38||$194||$1,930||$161|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$300||$536||$524||$32||$156||$1,548||$129|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$1086||$564||$34||$168||$2,264||$189|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$468||$1212||$604||$36||$180||$2,500||$208|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$272||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,388||$116|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$412||$834||$564||$34||$168||$2,012||$168|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$388||$672||$674||$40||$202||$1,976||$165|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$406||$804||$564||$34||$168||$1,976||$165|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$412||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,856||$155|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$406||$774||$470||$28||$140||$1,818||$152|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$534||$480||$28||$144||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates greatly.
Car insurance policy discounts for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in San Diego
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, and easy pay.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, teen driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Allstate discounts include good payer, defensive driver, resident student, EZ pay plan discount, utility vehicle, and safe driver.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego that provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Below are San Diego auto insurance companies that may be able to provide rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in San Diego.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in San Diego?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Diego?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the promise that people will save if you move to them. Is it even possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in the words they use.
Auto insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged more expensive rates which results in business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements.
This illustrates why drivers must compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide the lowest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in San Diego.
One last note
When getting San Diego auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many ways to reduce Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premium rates online in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)