Nobody likes buying auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Unbelievable but true according to a study 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. California drivers could save an average of approximately 35% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the best insurer.
How to buy San Diego Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance online
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get pricing on their websites. This process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Quoting online for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in San Diego helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your policy premium.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in San Diego. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi has a lien holder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood San Diego car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Exclusive and independent San Diego car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare prices from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance.