Did you come to the realization that you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many San Diego drivers have buyer’s remorse.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers could pocket roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
Vehicle owners have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to adequately compare rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in San Diego.
This article will help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. But California car owners do need to understand how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Buy San Diego Jaguar S-Type insurance online
To find cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the trained guidance only provided by licensed San Diego agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps locate lower pricing. Not every company does online San Diego S-Type insurance quotes, so you should also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance rates in San Diego
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from San Diego attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new S-Type may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
When getting free San Diego auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Diego. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive and independent San Diego auto insurance agents
When looking for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. San Diego agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are San Diego exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Jaguar each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your S-Type may be costing you.
- Responsible credit means lower prices – An insured’s credit rating factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Jaguar S-Type by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers in California are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Driving citations will cost you – Only having one moving violation can increase rates substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Three good reasons to insure your Jaguar S-Type
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Jaguar gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your S-Type outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Diego is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do the work, save more money
We just showed you a lot of ways to find cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)