Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Chrysler Town and Country insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a Chrysler and locate the cheapest rates.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick car insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including deductibles desired, types of safety features, which vehicles you own, and your job. Your rating data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes quickly.
To check Chrysler Town and Country insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$252||$350||$386||$22||$116||$1,126||$94|
|Town and Country Touring||$370||$708||$424||$26||$128||$1,656||$138|
|Town and Country Signature||$350||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$378||$662||$454||$26||$136||$1,656||$138|
|Town and Country Limited||$370||$664||$394||$24||$118||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Chrysler Town and Country yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Chrysler Town and Country annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler Town and Country replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Town and Country insurance, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower your insurance rates with these six discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Town and Country may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, bundle discounts, mature driver, and pay in full.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, new graduate, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere. To view insurance companies that offer discounts in San Diego, click here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Does my Chrysler Town and Country need full coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chrysler Town and Country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in San Diego who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quote information.
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
- David Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 217 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 560-5400 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- What companies can they write with?
Auto insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, loss of income and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, falling objects and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Town and Country.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Town and Country from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Town and Country to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Quote often and quote early
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
We covered many ways to reduce Chrysler Town and Country insurance prices online in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)