How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Chrysler Crossfire insurance in San Diego? There isn’t a single person who looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. San Diego drivers could pocket roughly 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see through the deception and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rate on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in San Diego on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the techniques covered below. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Diego seems hard but is not really that difficult. Nevertheless, California consumers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Crossfire has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in California overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable San Diego Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Bad drivers pay high prices – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Does auto insurance cost less for gals? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders have auto accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
High policy claims frequency drives up premiums – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California provide discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Higher premiums for specific occupations – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, executives and stock brokers generally pay the highest rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in San Diego can save a few bucks because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, driver training, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, distant student, pay in full, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including good student, paid in full, group or association, air bags, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, multi-car, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, good student, driver training, new vehicle, safe driver, and loyalty savings.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in San Diego.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler Crossfire?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Diego who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in San Diego are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Lower-priced Chrysler Crossfire insurance in San Diego can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free San Diego auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)