How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest Chevy HHR insurance in San Diego? I can’t think of anyone who loves paying for car insurance, in particular when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. San Diego insurance shoppers could save 35% every year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Chevy HHR insurance in San Diego.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because car insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Chevy HHR insurance in San Diego at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Although California drivers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Low-cost Chevy insurance rate quotes in San Diego
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevrolet HHR annual premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Chevrolet HHR insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy HHR insurance in San Diego
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop San Diego car insurance on the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear before the accident.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Esurance discounts include multi-policy, safety device, DriveSense, defensive driver, Switch & Save, and claim free.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new move discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, paperless, multiple vehicles, good student, teen driver, and safe driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Chevy HHR insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Local neighborhood San Diego car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in San Diego.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Cheaper coverage is out there
We just showed you many tips how you can lower your Chevy HHR insurance premium rates in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Diego car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)