Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and many San Diego drivers feel the same as you.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in California could pocket about 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest price on Cadillac Escalade insurance in San Diego.
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices once or twice a year since rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Cadillac Escalade insurance in San Diego six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use the internet to find lower rates on insurance.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, use these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in San Diego can be much easier if you know how to start. Smart shoppers only have to learn the tricks to compare rates from many companies at once.
Affordable Cadillac insurance rates in San Diego
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$280||$554||$718||$42||$214||$1,808||$151|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$576||$932||$552||$32||$166||$2,258||$188|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$502||$764||$564||$34||$168||$2,032||$169|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$470||$718||$568||$34||$170||$1,960||$163|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$314||$712||$604||$36||$180||$1,846||$154|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$324||$660||$470||$28||$140||$1,622||$135|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$404||$804||$718||$42||$214||$2,182||$182|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$640||$1296||$746||$44||$224||$2,950||$246|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$392||$860||$524||$32||$156||$1,964||$164|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$346||$684||$500||$30||$150||$1,710||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheap rates on Cadillac Escalade insurance in San Diego with these discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- E-sign – Many car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a San Diego auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – San Diego drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, professional/association, good student, location of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, driver training, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
Double check with all the companies how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Cadillac Escalade insurance quotes in San Diego, follow this link.
Compare rates but still have a local San Diego insurance agency
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in San Diego.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When finding local San Diego agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Diego that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Picking a insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Big names are not always cheapest
California consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to convey the message that drivers will save a bundle just by moving to them.
How does every insurance company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies require specific criteria for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of a desirable insured may need to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receives the best car insurance rates in San Diego and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who fall short of those standards will be quoted higher prices and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best rates.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just not possible to know which company will have better prices than you’re paying now.
Persistence pays off
When searching for cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Cadillac Escalade insurance in San Diego can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)