Searching for the cheapest insurance for your Cadillac CTS-V in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Cadillac and find the best price possible from both online companies and San Diego agents.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage quite often because auto insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rate on Cadillac CTS-V insurance in San Diego a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about CTS-V insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to lower your auto insurance rates in San Diego.
Best companies for low-cost Cadillac CTS-V insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific San Diego location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims drive up Cadillac CTS-V insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
San Diego Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rates.
The type of car you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Cadillac CTS-V is classified as a luxury sports car, insurance will be up to twice as much as compared to the average rate in San Diego. The lowest performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
How do annual miles impact prices? – The higher the miles on your Cadillac in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your CTS-V may be costing you. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
You may save more by combining policies – Most major companies provide a discount to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Your location is a factor – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates.
Loss probability for a Cadillac CTS-V – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Cadillac CTS-V vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac CTS-V Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac CTS-V 2dr||174||74||135|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Diego could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on CTS-V insurance in San Diego.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in San Diego. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in San Diego, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local San Diego insurance agency
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to insurance agents in San Diego who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Diego?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you would like to find local San Diego agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both handle insurance, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Bill Flanigan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8888 Clairemont Mesa Blvd n – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 279-2173 – View Map
- Steve Elder – State Farm Insurance Agent
9225 Mira Mesa Blvd #208d – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 271-8928 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers in California constantly see and hear ads for cheaper auto insurance by State Farm and Allstate. They all state the claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them.
How can each company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a profitable risk profile should be a married male, has never had a policy lapse, and has great credit. Any new insured that fits those parameters will get the preferred car insurance rates in San Diego and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements will get higher premium rates which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This illustrates why drivers should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just not possible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- What policy terms are available?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
One last thing to lower rates
Low-cost Cadillac CTS-V insurance in San Diego is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Cadillac CTS-V insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)