Would you prefer to buy lower-priced insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Cadillac and find the lowest price from both online companies and San Diego agents.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Our objective is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Smart buyers just have to learn the most effective way to get comparison rates online.
Cheap companies for Cadillac ATS insurance in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Save money on Cadillac ATS insurance in San Diego with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Auto insurance companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state. To see insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in San Diego, click here.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Cost Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
The following are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Youthful drivers in California tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major insurers afford a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Frequent policy claims will increase rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies in California generally give better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Men and women cause fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Improve your credit rating – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive your Cadillac every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your ATS may be costing you higher rates.
- Loss probability for a Cadillac ATS – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac ATS Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in San Diego.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in San Diego, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Consumers in California get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise the message that people will save if you just switch your coverage to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the wording.
Most companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a driver they prefer may need to be over the age of 45, has a low-risk occupation, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in San Diego as well as cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will see a higher premium and this results in business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to get San Diego car insurance quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Cadillac ATS insurance auto insurance rates online in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in San Diego can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)