Want cheaper Buick Regal insurance in San Diego? Overpriced Buick Regal insurance in San Diego can stress out your budget and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing rate quotes can help to tighten up your finances.
A recent study showed that the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in California could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite lowest price on Buick Regal insurance in San Diego.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to save money using this information. Locating the best insurance company for you in San Diego is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although California consumers must understand how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Finding Buick Regal insurance in San Diego
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from many different California insurance companies. The quickest method to find affordable insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance price quotes online replaces the need to drive around to local San Diego insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online San Diego Regal insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on your computer.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, driver training, continuous insurance, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, multi-policy, newly retired, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Because the Buick Regal falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in San Diego.
- Auto insurance rates and age – Beginning drivers in California have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Liability coverage risk factors in – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Miles driven impacts prices – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Regal may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your policy shows the correct usage.
- Buick Regal insurance claim data – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I get advice from an agent?
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in San Diego.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local San Diego insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. San Diego agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that can possibly get you price quote information.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make the point that you can save just by moving your coverage to them. But how can every company say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable insured may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who matches those parameters will get low car insurance rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet those standards may be required to pay higher premium rates which results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can state the savings.
Because every company is different, you really should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Do the work, save more money
We covered many ideas to shop for Buick Regal insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable San Diego car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Buick Regal insurance in San Diego is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in San Diego, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in California is located on the following sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)