Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in San Diego? Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Regrettably, most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. San Diego insurance shoppers could save 35% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Buick Lucerne insurance in San Diego is to know all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including if it has an anti-theft system, if your license is active, if the car is leased, and how much school you completed. The rating information gets transmitted to insurance companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Buick Lucerne insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$332||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,816||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in San Diego location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Buick Lucerne claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accidents raise Buick Lucerne premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below compares Buick Lucerne insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance rates in San Diego
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Diego can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a San Diego auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, preferred payment discount, good student, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good driver, and accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including air bags, company car, safe driver, safe vehicle, teen driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, air bags, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above in San Diego, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in San Diego are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Some companies afford lower prices to people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Good credit equals lower rates – Your credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Lucerne if you improve your credit rating.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability insurance is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Lucerne in San Diego, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Lucerne definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance savings summarized
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Buick Lucerne insurance prices online in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Diego auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)