Purchasing budget San Diego Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat intimidating for consumers new to quoting and comparing rates on the web. With such a large number of agents and insurance companies available, how can anyone have time to compare every company in order to find lower insurance premiums?
A study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in San Diego can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rate on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Diego on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. There are lots of tips to save on C-Max Energi insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from local San Diego insurance companies. The best way to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online. Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheaper San Diego insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Diego car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in San Diego can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children living away from San Diego attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current C-Max Energi insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, save driver, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- 21st Century offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, homeowners, driver training, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, air bags, good student, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you want low cost San Diego car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in San Diego. To see insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Diego, follow this link.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your C-Max Energi with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your C-Max Energi greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in San Diego.
By using this short form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Two types of San Diego car insurance agents
If you need to find a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in San Diego can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are San Diego independent agents who can help you get free price quotes.
- Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Lisa Keith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b – San Diego, CA 92106 – (619) 694-4788 – View Map
- Matt Kalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
4148 Voltaire St – San Diego, CA 92107 – (619) 223-1629 – View Map
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?