How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in San Diego? Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are a lot of people in San Diego just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save themselves almost $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they just switched companies.
There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
This article will help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners do need to learn how companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in San Diego with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Save with a New Car – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new MKC can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, air bags, federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in San Diego, click here.
How to get affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in San Diego, CA
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in San Diego who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are San Diego exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
- How are they compensated?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
Discount Lincoln MKC insurance in San Diego is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Lincoln MKC insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost San Diego car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.