Want to learn how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Kia K900 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Kia and find the cheapest rates.
Locating the best rates in San Diego is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners only have to learn the most efficient way to shop using one simple form.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Kia K900 insurance in San Diego is to know the trick car insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as your job, types of safety features, marital status, and if you are currently licensed. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Diego, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your K900 has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
San Diego Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Being married can save you money – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Kia scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Youthful drivers pay high costs – Teen drivers in California are statistically shown to be more careless when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teen driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
San Diego insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above are:
When quoting, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts in San Diego, click here.
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in San Diego can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
5210 Balboa Ave, Ste A1 – San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 277-1400 – View Map
- John Tran – State Farm Insurance Agent
2820 Camino del Rio S Ste 310 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 291-1787 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you price quotes.
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- B H Gold Insurance
9699 Tierra Grande St # 100 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (800) 421-4653 – View Map
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
Affordable Kia K900 insurance in San Diego is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, so you need to quote San Diego auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)