If you’re shopping for cheaper insurance online, are you frustrated by the crazy number of insurance companies available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. There are so many options that it is a ton of work to find better rates for Acura RLX insurance in San Diego. San Diego is a great city to live in, but the high premiums for insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. San Diego drivers could save themselves nearly $500 a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Buying affordable auto insurance in San Diego is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Virtually every person who needs lower cost auto insurance will probably be able to find lower rates. But California consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company allows you to get San Diego RLX insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price estimates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in San Diego with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a slight reduction on a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap RLX insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in San Diego may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used RLX may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – San Diego drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, distant student, business and professional, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paperless, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- USAA may have discounts that include new vehicle, annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, multi-policy, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood San Diego car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If they are an independent agency in San Diego, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. San Diego agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
- Matt Kalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
4148 Voltaire St – San Diego, CA 92107 – (619) 223-1629 – View Map
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- Lisa Keith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b – San Diego, CA 92106 – (619) 694-4788 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you should always check rates from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Switch companies and save? Really?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you just switch your policy. That’s great but how can every company save you money on Acura RLX insurance in San Diego? It’s all in the words they use.
Many companies have a certain “appetite” for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of a desirable risk might have to be a mature driver, has few claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and will probably save money with a new company.
People who cannot meet the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and this results in business not being written. The ads say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, you should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like surgery, nursing services, hospital visits, funeral costs and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, bail bonds, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your RLX resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your RLX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Cheap Acura RLX insurance in San Diego can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Acura RLX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)